Articulation & College Credits

Articulation & College Credits

Students intending to transfer out of our programs should research the schools to which they plan to transfer credits. Completion of a program at Starting Points neither implies nor guarantees that educational requirements of another school have been met. For this reason, any student who expects to transfer to another institution is advised to contact the specific department that handles these types of requests.

Starting Points is not approved to directly offer college credit. However, Starting Points does have articulation agreements with specific institutions of higher education. These institutions include Felician College, Hudson County Community College, Passaic County Community College and Thomas Edison State College. Students successfully completing Starting Points’ Child Development Specialist (CDS) Program may receive college credit upon matriculation at these schools. Students who desire college credit for the Child Development Specialist (CDS) Program at Starting Points are advised to apply and register with Hudson County Community College, Passaic County Community College, Felician College or Thomas Edison State College’s Admissions department to initiate the transfer of credit process.

The following college credit transfers apply:
hudson_logoHudson County Community College — 18 credits
Passaic_logoPassaic County Community College — 19 credits
Felician_logoFelician College — 15 credits
thomasEdison_logoThomas Edison State College — 18 credits