How to Apply

Am I Eligible

Student Eligibility

In general, to receive federal financial aid, students must meet the following criteria:

  • Be enrolled in the Child Development Specialist program or Child Development Associate program
  • Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
  • For loans, complete Entrance Counseling and a Master Promissory Note or have one on file with the U.S. Department of Education
  • Complete and submit all information and documents requested by the Financial Aid Office
  • Demonstrate financial need as determined by subtracting the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) from the Cost of Attendance (COA) for the Federal Pell Grant and Direct Subsidized Stafford Loan programs
  • Be enrolled at least halftime to receive any Direct loan funds
  • Have a high school diploma, GED, or have completed a secondary home school program
  • Be enrolled for the purpose of getting a diploma
  • Not be in default on a student loan or owe an over payment
  • Make satisfactory academic progress

See the Financial Aid Office for additional eligibility criteria.

How much Financial Aid do I need?



Use the Net Price Calculator to estimate the amount of financial aid you may need.

How do I apply for Financial Aid?

Applying for Federal Student Aid

Students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to receive a Pell grant and loans. The applicant and his/her spouse or parents must provide income, asset, household size and number in college information. This information is used to calculate the Expected Family Contribution (EFC). Based on the Cost of Attendance (COA) and the EFC, the school will determine students’ eligibility for a Pell Grant and loans.

starting line FAFSA

Click Here to get started on your FAFSA!

If you need assistance in completing the FAFSA, contact the Financial Aid Office.

Students and/or parents that are eligible to borrow a loan must complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN) in addition to the FAFSA.

Other Useful Links in the Financial Aid Process

Create a new FSA ID

Complete Entrance Counseling (for Direct Loan Borrowers Only)

Sign Master Promissory Note (for Direct Loan Borrowers Only)

*If you are a current enrolled student who is graduating or withdrawing from Starting Points, Inc. who receives Direct Loans, you must complete an Exit Interview Counseling before leaving school.